What Self-Help Centers Can Do
SERVICES INCLUDE PROCEDURAL ASSISTANCE FOR:
- Divorce, Legal Separation, Custody, Visitation Support,
- Establishing a legal parent relationship for a child/children when there is no marriage,
- Restraining Orders,
- Name Change,
- Landlord/Tenant (Eviction),
- Cleaning up your criminal record,
- Small Claims,
- Civil Lawsuits,
- Traffic Tickets,
- Conservatorships, and
SELF-HELP CENTERS SERVICES INCLUDE:
- How to booklets and form packets, and
- Public computers with access to legal websites and easy to use document preparation software and SmartForms.
For information on workshops and services, please view the Self-Help Center’s Workshops webpage.
What to bring to the Self-Help Center
- Bring a BLACK pen for filling out forms and paper in case you want to take notes.
- If you want to ask the Court to change an order, you must bring a filed copy of the order you want changed.
- For all other legal issues, we may need to see all the papers in your case, if you have one. It is best to bring a copy of your entire court file. Remember you are representing yourself and you need to keep a copy of any document you file.
- Bring income information. Bring proof of your income for the last two months, such as:
- Pay stubs, disability or unemployment statements,
- If you are self-employed, your most recent tax returns and year-to-date profit and loss statement,
- Proof of CalWorks, or any other proof of income
Hours of Operation
SUPERIOR COURT OF ORANGE COUNTY SELF-HELP CENTERS:
Self-Help Center staff is available from Monday-Thursday 8:00am to 4:00pm and Friday 8:00am - 3:00pm to provide procedural guidance and information.
EARLY CLOSURES FOR MANDATORY STAFF TRAINING: The Self-Help Centers will close at NOON on the following dates for mandatory staff trainings: September 18, 2015; December 18, 2015; March 18, 2016 and June 17, 2016.
- Central Justice Center: First Floor, Room G100
- 700 Civic Center Dr. West, Santa Ana, CA 92701
- Harbor Justice Center - Newport Beach Facility: Room 150
- 4601 Jamboree Road, Newport Beach, CA 92660
- Lamoreaux Justice Center: First Floor, Room 101
- 341 The City Dr. South, Orange, CA 92868
- North Justice Center: Upper Level, Room 360
- 1275 North Berkeley Ave., Fullerton, CA 92838
- Superior Court Service Center
- 27573 Puerta Real, Mission Viejo, CA 92691