Can I Request an Extension on My Ticket?
You can request an extension on your Non-Traffic Infraction ticket arraignment date (the date at the bottom of your ticket or Violation Information Notice) or payment of bail (the amount on your courtesy Violation Information Notice).
If you are not delinquent, then you do not have to see the judge to make this request. This can be done online, on the phone, or in person at any of the court locations. Note: Even though your offense is not Traffic related, it is handled by the Traffic Division.
Can I Request an Extension on a Fine?
A fine is different from bail. A fine is the amount the judge orders you to pay after you have been sentenced. You can request an extension on your:
- Fine due date
- Payment plan on your fine
If you are not delinquent, you do not have to see the judge to make this request. This can be done on the phone, by mail, or in person by the clerk:
Visit the Collections Office at one of the court locations
Write a letter to: (NOTE: not recommended due to time delay)
P.O. Box 22032
Santa Ana, Ca 92702-4045
Can I Request a Continuance of my Trial Date?
Because you have the right to a speedy trial, you must see the judge to request a continuance of your trial date. You must make a reservation to see the judge.
To reserve a date:
- 24 hours/day, 7 days/week at this link
- by phone from 8:00am - 4:00pm, (877) 872-2122
- In person, 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday – Friday at one of the court locations in the Traffic Division
You must have the following information:
- Citation number or OC Pay number listed on your courtesy Violation Information Notice AND one of the following:
- Driver’s License Number OR Date of Birth