Court Celebrates Law Day
Event: 300 eighth grade students from five Orange County Schools will gather at the Old Orange County Courthouse with local elected officials and members of the judiciary to celebrate Law Day 2006: Liberty Under: Law Separate Branches, Balanced Powers.
- Photo Opportunities
- A Flag Raising Ceremony (promptly at 9:45 a.m.) with music by the Marine Corps Band, a presentation of the colors by the Marine Corps, the Orange County Sheriff’s Department Honor Guard, and a performance by members of the Walker Junior High School Chorus.
- Demonstrations will include O.C. Sheriff Department patrol vehicles, a Mounted Patrol Unit and a tour of the Old Courthouse
- A visit to the U.S. District Court in Santa Ana, and the Superior Court Central Justice Center in Santa Ana (11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.) where students will visit with judges, attorneys and courtroom staff to learn more about the justice system.
Date: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 at 9:45 a.m.
Location: Old Orange County Courthouse - 211 W. Santa Ana Blvd.
- Federal Court Judges of the United States District Court - Santa Ana
- Justices of the Ca. Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District - Santa Ana
- Judges of the Orange County Superior Court, O.C. Board of Supervisors, and The O.C. Department of Education
- Santa Ana - Community Day School and Lathrop Intermediate School
- Tustin - Hewes and Pioneer Middle Schools
- Anaheim - Walker Junior High School
Court Release #005-06